Who Can Join
We are looking for every loving individuals, parents or not to join our network, even if you are not a mother or a father, if you have an understanding about the well-being of children and are willing and able to learn and provide skillful tender care to our children we want you. Knockdrop believes that no other person understand the struggles of parenting better than other parents; so we made easy for parents , guardians , neighbors and cool uncles and aunties to be able to watch children to help a working mom or dad and earn great income
These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and KnockDrop. They set forth the conditions under which our providers render services through our network. Please read all terms and conditions carefully, by using the Site, you hereby represent, understand and agree to the terms of KnockDrop.com.
If a provider moves and wants to stay in business with Knockdrop they must submit their new address within 10 days of moving and update their info on their dashboard; this will ensure that the information on your profile are accurate, that you are in compliance with zoning and avoid any issues with future background check that may result in delayed employment clearance and parents needing care will also be able to find you on our network.
We know even with great safety practices sometimes accidents do happen and in the unfortunate case a child does not feel well and/or needs to be transported to the hospital 911 shall be called first then the provider must immediately notify our staff and the child parent. The provider will be required to fill out our form to report the incident may it be sickness or a fall. Always review our safety guidelines to reduce if not eliminate such unfortunate events by being alert and proactive.
Always keep the information below in a safe and handy lace for quick referral if needed
- The name of the provider and the substitute.
- Proof of written plan to provide at least one competent adults to be available to substitute for the operator in an emergency.
- Proof of screening and background checks.
- Proof that immunization records for the children are kept current.(If applicable)
- Proof that each parent has been provided a copy of a completed Health and Safety Checklist.
- Proof of completion of all required trainings.
In order to promote safe childcare and integrity of our services, you authorize us to use the information provided during the sign up process to run necessary and intense background check through FDLE if needed. Parents may also want to see a copy of your background check result so they know their child are in safe hands
Responsibility Of The Provider
To the extent of DCF permission, each provider is responsible to have basic accommodation to serve the child including but not limited to a bed or crib and supplies such as water and food. Food will be provided by parents but if a provider wants and able to feed a child this need to be previously discussed between the parent and the provider to avoid any inconvenience and misunderstanding related to the service charge and health concerns that may include allergic reactions. Providers are responsible to discuss the age of the child(ren) they are able and willing to care for relating to their space and knowledge. As much as we encourage every qualified and approved provider to join it is recommended that each provider choose the age of children that suit them best relating to their available space and general accommodations.
First aid shall be rendered by the providers in case of a medical emergency including and in the unfortunate case a child need to be transported to the hospital 911 shall be called first then immediately notify our staff who will contact the child parent. The provider will be required to fill out our form to report the incident may it be sickness or a fall. We know accident happens but we aim to reduce if not eliminate such unfortunate events by being alert and proactive.
We know that caring for children at sometimes can be overwhelming and some days we do not feel our best, we advise that any providers not to accept a child if they feel unable to care safely and fully for the child. If the provider for any reason feels unable to continue caring for the child; should allow the substitute to do so. In case none of the individuals are unable to render safe care, the provider should immediately contact the child’s parents for pickup. This aims to eliminate any unfortunate frustration. The Provider will need to report the incident by filling out and submitting the dismissal form HERE to KnockDrop in 15 minutes or less so a replacement Provider can be found in a timely manner. The Provider will need to fill out a form to report the dismissal of the child to one of KnockDrop staff. All providers are allowed a total of three dismissals before being denied any further request to care for our children. This is done in an effort to keep our promise that our providers are reliable and parents should not have to worry while away at work
Providers solely are responsible to set prices for their services, reasonable prices that will cover the accommodation they are willing and able to provide, any bios, pictures uploaded shall not be deceitful and may be subject to verification before service start.
If you choose to use the KnockDrop.com Platform as a provider your relationship with us is limited to being an independent, third-party contractor, and not an employee, and you act exclusively on your own behalf and for your own benefit, and not on behalf, or for the benefit, of KnockDrop.com. We do not withhold taxes , and we shall not be deemed to, direct or control you daily for at this point you have already read, understood and agreed to abide to the state of Florida laws relating to childcare and KnockDrop.com policies.
Background checks are performed so KnockDrop.com abide to Florida laws relating to childcare they also aim to give an insight of the individual who will be taking care of our children. We represent you and you represent us, however may all providers be advised that they will be personally held responsible to any legal actions concerning their acts and behaviors while caring for our children. It is the provider’s sole responsibility not Knockdrp to keep the environment of their home safe of any harmful situation. Providers are responsible to keep in check other family members or visitors who have not signed up to be a provider, it is not recommended that the provider leave the child with another person to run errands unless that person is the substitute. Parents must understand that they are not allowed to directly contact a provider to drop a child without our services and providers are not allowed to care for a child whose parent have not made a request through our site. This ensure safe and accurate placement of our children and protect both our providers and parents of any unfortunate risks.
While in a provider’s care our children privacy is our priority, a provider shall not take pictures intended to share on social media without the approval of a parent, the child shall not leave the premises where he or she was dropped off unless previously discussed with the parents. We do encourage outing if the child will stay for long periods of time but the parent has to be aware and approved such act.
Responsibility Of Parents
As much as we do for each and every of our children there are some factors that are unfortunately out of our control and the providers’ control, we recommend that each parent communicate with their chosen provider about their child unique need such as allergy to food and pets. We encourage that parents reserve 24 prior before a child is dropped off for the first time. If a child is a regular, it is still encouraged to communicate all possible changes related to food, pets, medication and all other habits.
We do not discriminate and we respect diversity but each parent reserves the right to freely choose where to send their child. We advise that all parents communicate with a provider of their interests to further understand a possible mutual preference for the child well being.
Once signed up, providers need to choose a method to receive payments ( Bank Information or PayPal) and agree to continuously review the accuracy of such information to insure proper and timely payment after services is rendered. In the event that a child is dismissed for any reason KnockDrop reserve the right to withhold payment intended for the provider. Parents shall in any case pay cash to a provider , and any providers shall accept payment from a parent , all payments are processed through KnockDrop. If a parent asks a provider to pay outside of the KnockDrop website the provider is expected to refuse the request and report it to us. If a parent paid a provider through another website or third party outside of KnockDrop the transaction may be fraudulent and we are not responsible for any refunds. Parents and providers MUST understand and agree that any payment transactions or drop off shall be made outside of the KnockDrop.com website and we will not assist in any disputes, disagreement or type loss suffered by both parties. Violation of these terms will result in a suspension of the provider and the parent account or total removal of the provider and parent from our network. REFER TO NETWORK MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT section for any reminder and term agreed upon.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
In consideration of me being allowed to join the KnockDrop network I hereby knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising from my participation in the activity and do hereby release and forever discharge KnockDrop for any physical, or psychological injury damages economical or emotional loss that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation.
I am voluntarily participating in the KnockDrop network as an independent provider. I understand and I agree that I am not an employee of KnockDrop.com and I am voluntarily participating in the activities at my own risks. I understand the activities that I will be engaged in as a care provider and acknowledge my qualifications and capabilities and believe that I am qualified for such activities and declare my home completely safe for such activities. I further acknowledge that I am aware that the care I provide and outing activities (if applicable) will be taken place in the facilities and places approved by the parent of the child(ren). I further agree and warrant that if at any moment I believe the conditions of my home to be unsafe I will immediately seek to protect the child to the best of my abilities and /or will immediately discontinue all caring activities and promptly alert the appropriate KnockDrop support line for assistance.
In the event that any damage to house furniture, equipment occurs as a result of my activities while caring for a child I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any of all cost associated with any replacement or repair.
As a provider, you play an important role in the children’s lives you care for especially when it comes to safety. All providers are required per DCF and Knockdrop policies to have a safe designated area for the children to play, relax and feel like home but sometimes children wander, so it is very important that all areas of the home are child safe by following these guidelines:
- Keep Small Items and food out of reach.
- Ensure that all knives, forks, scissors, and other sharp tools are properly stored in a drawer with a childproof latch
- Keep chairs and step stools away from the stove.
- Keep matches and lighters stored in a locked cabinet.
- Ensure that all appliances are unplugged when not in use, with cords out of reach
- Keep Cleaning Materials and Other Chemicals Away from Children.
- Never Leave Children Alone Near Water.
- Keep the thermostat on the hot water heater set below 120°F (49°C).
- Keep razor blades, nail scissors, and other sharp tools stored in a locked cabinet.
- Install childproof latches on all drawers and cabinets.
- Tightly close and store all vitamins and medicines in a high cabinet far from reach.
- Ensure that the outlets have ground fault circuit interrupters to protect against electrocution in case an electrical appliance gets wet and always have an electrician inspect your circuit breaker panel.
- Keep toilets closed with a toilet-lid lock.
- Ensure that all hair dryers, curling irons, and electric razors are unplugged when not in use.
- Add non skid strips on the floors of showers and bathtubs.
- Add non slip pads under rugs to hold them securely to the floor.
- Ensure that all prescriptions and nonprescription medicines, cosmetics, and cleaners are stored in a locked cabinet with childproof caps on all medicines.
- Keep bottles of mouthwash, perfumes, hair dyes, hair sprays, nail polishes, and nail polish removers stored in a locked cabinet.
- Keep all products, and supplies used for auto maintenance, pool, gardening, and lawn work stored safely away from children in a locked area.
- Keep car keys away from children.
- Keep power tools locked up or out of reach to prevent accidents.
- Regularly inspect your garage doors and opener.
- Keep recycling containers storing glass and metal out of reach and all garbage cans covered
- Keep all bleaches, detergents, and other cleaning products in their original containers and stored in a locked cabinet.
- Keep cleaning buckets out of reach.
- Keep laundry detergent pods out of sight and stored in a locked cabinet.
- Keep the doors of the washer and dryer always closed.
- If present keep laundry chutes locked with childproof locks
Outdoors and Backyard Pool
- Keep all walkways and outdoor stairways well lit.
- Keep all walkways clear of toys, objects, or anything blocking a clear path.
- Keep all sidewalks and outdoor stairways free of concrete cracks or missing pieces.
- Keep all swing sets parts free from rust, splinters, and sharp edges.
- Keep all parts on swing sets or other outdoor equipment securely fastened.
- Keep all outdoor toys put away in a secure, dry place when not in use.
- Install a climb-proof fencing at least 5 feet high on all sides of the pool.
- Ensure that the pool fence have a self-closing gate with a childproof lock.
- If the pool can be accessed through a door to the house, have a door alarm installed.
- Have all ladders removed from an above-ground pool when not in use
- Keep all unused outlets covered with safety plugs.
- Keep all major electrical appliances grounded.
- Use cord holders to keep longer cords fastened against all walls
- Check and removed if necessary all other electrical fire hazards, such as overloaded electrical sockets and electrical wires running under carpets.
- Keep televisions, computers, and stereo equipment positioned against walls secured to the wall with brackets so they do not forward.
- Unplug extension cords when not in use.
- Ensure that all electrical outlets are always covered and protect children from exposed electrical wires.
Emergency Equipment & Numbers
- Have a list of emergency phone numbers on your cell phone and near each phone in your home and encourage older children to call for help if needed.
- Keep fire extinguishers in an easily accessible location with instructions use.
- Ensure that all rooms have working smoke detectors.
- If you cook with or heat your home with natural gas or have an attached garage, have an installed carbon monoxide detector.
Extra Safety Tips
- Secure Windows, Block Stairways and Lock Doors.
- Keep all walkways and outdoor stairways well lit to prevent falls.
- Keep all walkways clear of toys, objects, or anything blocking a clear path.
- Keep Children Safe Around the Family Pet.
- Supervise how children interact and ensure that they play safely.
- Any legally owned firearms should be unloaded and locked away.
- Keep babies sleeping areas as clear as possible.
- Removed any possible poisonous houseplants.
- Apply and enforce a no-smoking rule in your home to protect kids from secondhand smoke
I fully understand that harms may be caused by own actions or inaction to the child(ren) while under my care including but not limited to bodily injuries, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, physical abuse any loss, liability, death, damage, or costs that may result from my negligence. Click HERE to report any incident or injury within 24 hours.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE KNOCKDROP.COM AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, MANAGERS, ATTORNEYS STAFF, VOLUNTEERS HEIRS, REPRESENTATIVE, PREDECESSOR, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSE OF ACTION AND I AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP OR WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT I OTHERWISE HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST KNOCKDROP.COM FOR INJURIES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.